Six Things On The Docket
“Impact Venture Capitalists”
I want to bring six (6) things to your attention.
1) We are continuously working with the tech team to fix “bugs” and to develop new features for the back-end infrastructure of ImpactClub®. By no means are we done, we’re just starting…
- Thank you to so many who continue to submit feature recommendations. We are listening. Some are prioritized. While others are great ideas for future development. With each recommendation, you help us to see a clearer path forward.
2) We’re working on updating the Local Talks page this week and next, to showcase the Previous Winner updates. Those updates are the heart & soul of what ImpactClub® is about. It is the proof of what can happen, and how communities can be impacted, when people join forces.
- We are Impact Venture Capitalists, investing in your local communities and in powerful StoryEngines™. Thus, it is important to put these updates somewhere front and center.
3) Member Education – right now, I’m aware that this is lacking. When new members enter into the membership site the first time, there is a lot to take in and not great direction. I know this.
- Because ImpactClub® is not venture capital backed, meaning we don’t have millions of dollars to invest in 30 programmers, and 50 Operations folks, etc… we have to prioritize the tasks to be completed. In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be working on plugging those holes. So new members and existing members (everyone) can better understand how to play “The Game of ImpactClub®” to inspire the uninspired. (Not to mention, grow your businesses, expand donor contributions, strengthen relationships, even get fit and lose weight – I’m down 10 lbs and feeling better than I have in a long time, thanks to IODs over the past 5 weeks.)
- Note: We’re working with tech team on building an IOD feed too, so members can better read the commitments and stories of their fellow members, as well……
4) Photographers and Photos – For each previous ImpactClub® event, we made it a priority to hire three videographers to effectively capture the event and each charitable presentation. Now, just recently in the last month or so, we started hiring a photographer.
- Our goal is to create an album for each ImpactClub® event that will be uploaded into the membership site, for members to share and use in promotion to grow our army of local Impact Venture Capitalists. More members = Greater impact. Except, I have one more “tech” task to complete, with the tech team, prior to those albums appearing. Each club’s Co-founder, will also receive these albums to share too.
5) The first ImpactClub® Virtual event takes place May 15th – VIRTUALLY – meaning we’ll be streaming to the members, the charitable presentations, via videoconference technology.
- Let’s hope I don’t screw it up. 🙂 This is huge though, because up to this point, if there wasn’t a “Local” ImpactClub® there was no way for you to be involved in Elevated Philanthropy. But now, regardless of where in the world someone lives, they can join “Virtual.” On this new frontier, I have many things to figure out. But it will lead to exponential impact, not to mention, the incubator for future Local ImpactClubs.
6) Don’t forget to customize your Public Profile
- You can do so by logging into the membership dashboard, and under Profile edit all the deets. Which includes your Bio, social media links, etc… Hint: don’t just put your “professional” bio. Tell us a story… The world is aching for people to be real.
Ok, that’s it for today, I have a lot more to say, and I could write for days about ImpactClub® given my excitement. But Five Impact Friday is simply meant to hit on key updates. And I’ve hit on six.
Co-Founder, ImpactClub® – forever Grateful.
PS: Encourage everyone you know to learn the language of Story. If they do, business, life, fundraising, relationships, the attraction of opportunity, clients, money, love, etc. will be much easier for them.
PPS: Favor to ask? ImpactClub® is a registered trademark. Let me know if you see anyone using it unauthorized. Our legal team would be interested in knowing, to protect what you, I, all of us, have/are building.
Impact Club® is Crossfit® for those who want to make a difference. We are Impact Venture Capitalists. There are local and national leaderboards. We compete. We use our intelligence, connections, propensity to solve problems, committed hearts, and unrelenting conviction to turn small donations into huge impact.